Network Marketing, or NWM, has taken the world by storm. This ingenious manner of direct selling allows the customer to become a representative of a NWM program. As a result, the customer/recruit would be given the opportunity to earn from his or her efforts.
NWM has been implemented for the online audience in recent years, further elevating its popularity to new heights. Many are joining NWM programs but only a few are succeeding.
The reason? It’s because countless network marketers are committing the same mistakes over and over again. Instead of learning from the errors of their predecessors, they’re falling victim to the very same faults, thus jeopardizing their chances of attaining success in the NWM field.
What are these mistakes? Better yet, how can you avoid them?
- Believing that Network Marketing is a “get rich quick” scheme. Any person who has experienced a certain degree of success with NWM would tell you that this system is far from being one of those profitable opportunities that you could pursue while being idle. The fact is, you WILL have to work – and you will have to work hard – to be able to achieve success with Network Marketing, whether it is conducted online or offline. Though eventually, if you work hard, you’ll be able to receive passive income from the sales that are generated by your down line. However, you’ll have to expend a lot of effort to establish a solid team of committed individuals who will share your devotion to the program. Though all of these may seem like hard work, NWM remains a very rewarding opportunity for anyone who would be smart enough to invest their time and efforts in the program.
- Believing your own hype. “This is easy.” “I’m too good for this job.” “I could do these with my eyes closed.” These are statements born from confidence – or overconfidence to be more exact. And this attitude could very well be your number one obstacle to achieving success with NWM. Don’t get me wrong. A certain level of confidence will serve you well. You will have to make sales for your program to work and you’ll have to believe in your program (and act like it) to be able to convince others to join with you. This requires self –confidence. But being over-confident could cause you to rest on your laurels, which is something you can NEVER afford in this line of business.
- Leads are useless. This kind of attitude is doomed from the very beginning. Leads are the lifeblood of any NWM campaign. Leads represent your prospects, your future recruits. Without leads, your NWM campaign is headed for failure.
- Generating a certain volume of leads is enough. Again, this is an attitude that would spell doom for your success. Lead generation is, as it should be, a continuous commitment. It should never cease. Even if you feel that you have generated enough leads from which you could convert some new recruits, there will come a time when all those leads would be exhausted. What then? Where will you gather your earning potentials if you have stopped looking for leads? A multi-level marketer’s task is to continuously – and unceasingly – discover new prospects every day. Let’s face it, daily prospecting is the only way by which you can sustain the profitability of your NWM campaign.
- Lack of focus. Many network marketers are of the belief that they should join as many networking programs as allowable to provide for themselves several income streams from which they could derive their earnings. This could prove dangerous. Spreading yourself too think by engaging in several programs at the same time would make you lose your focus. Instead of concentrating all your efforts to achieve success with one program, you’d be dividing the same among several platforms. The best way to deal with things is to firmly establish yourself in one program before venturing into another. Build a solid down line from which you could earn some residual income in a sustainable and substantial level before joining any other program. This way, you are ensuring that you’ll receive some profit from the first program even while you’re concentrated on the new one.
Knowledge, they say, is half the battle. Knowing the common mistakes that network marketers make is the first step towards success, as it would guarantee that you won’t fall prey to what has caused their failure. Learn from them, and succeed where they have fallen.